Email harvesting from the list

Subject: Email harvesting from the list
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:05:07 -0600

I received the following email. Note that "Larry Salas" states he saw
my query on this list. I don't think I've posted a query in quite a
while.

This is nothing more than spam, and I will be addressing it strongly
with Comsys. Has anyone else received one of these emails?

At least one other person, no longer subscribed to this list and having
nothing to do with translations of any kind, also received a copy of
this email. Only that person's email had an incorrect name in the
salutation. Either "Larry Salas" was provided with a list, he is
subscribed to the list, or he harvested the addresses from the archives.

I recently stopped including any email information in my signature lines
if the email is to any list.

Eric, I suggest you obscure all email addresses in the archives. The
current structure in the archives of <name -at- domain -dot- com> can
easily be harvested.

-Carla