Re: "Linux is now not supported"

Subject: Re: "Linux is now not supported"
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:08:54 -0800

I answered the question you asked, and did not poke holes
in anything. You asked what would be done *in the first 15 minutes.* The first step in "the process" is to verify what
"you heard." I assumed nothing beyond what you put in the question. It is YOU who is assuming that a person hearing "you heard" would immediately accept it as a management decision. I do not.
Read your question again.

I hope this is a reflection of a question you think might be
asked by an interviewer who is not a professional user of
words, because coming from someone who is it would be a pretty shabby effort.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

The question was:
- "It's Friday afternoon, your four 200-page document PDFs are on the
FinalPDF server to be picked up by the build server, the build is
Saturday morning, and you heard that Linux is now not supported. Tell
me what you do in the first 15 minutes."

You are assuming something. You also might have heard it from the VP
of Software Development. Poking holes in the interview question is
not the "test". This is an interview and the purpose of the question
was to see if you knew a process. Answer the question.