RE: RE: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and S imil ar

Subject: RE: RE: Evaluating Candidates Using Tests, Logic Questions, and S imil ar
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: techwr -at- genek -dot- com, mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:27:18 -0500

Well, just so you know...
This was always "Friday afternoon" kinda stuff. Not
formal. Not company mandated. Just a way that some
people used to blow off some steam, get to know other
people, make the insular geeks uncomfortable... you know... :-)

I think that if the company was doing it formally - as in,
the HR bot visits with the sealed envelope and instruction
sheets, etc., etc. - then I would have been in the crowd
sidling toward the exit with my updated resume fresh in
hand.

For perspective, these are the people who engage in
cat-herding activities like trying for a consensus on
what we should all do together as company-paid "team-building"
or socializing afternoon - bowling, go-carts, laser-tag...
This year, we're going on successive Fridays as teams
competing to sort food items and stuff hampers at the
local food bank. My team goes this week. :-)

Kevin