Re: Style question about quotes

Subject: Re: Style question about quotes
From: "hbacheler" <hbacheler -at- aol -dot- com>
To: "Brasel, Russell" <russell -dot- brasel -at- hccredit -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:13:35 -0500

Russell,

I have made it a HABIT/REQUIREMENT for my documents to have ALL 'buttons, keys, etc.' to be "ALL CAPS, BOLD" without quotation marks. That way there is no misinterpretation, and they STAND OUT in the document.

this was specified.In a document style guide that I helped develop for a US Government agency.

Having been involved with various industry styles (i.e., IBM, NCR) since the early 1980's the styles that I have encountered. reinforce this approach.

Consistency works, regardless of the way keyboard key caps are made, or how the displays on the screen appear,

I welcome comments on this approach.

HTH,

Harry Bacheler
hbacheler -at- aol -dot- com