RE: capitalization of 'web'

Subject: RE: capitalization of 'web'
From: "Karen Murri" <kmurri -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:48:16 -0600

Thanks for the info. I'll admit I'm not completely convinced yet, though I
plan to look at Bonnie's references more carefully later. "Internet" and
"web" have fallen into such generic usage, I'd place myself firmly in the
lowercase camp, but I wouldn't argue with my employer's style guide (once I
get a job, that is).

Y'all should know that I've seen some seriously bad over-capitalization in
my career, and I won't capitalize a noun unless I'm absolutely positive that
it's a proper noun in that context. It's just my default behavior.

Thanks for the interesting discussion.

-Karen