Re: CHM generation

Subject: Re: CHM generation
From: Cynthia Ruth Schultz <cynthia-schultz -at- sbcglobal -dot- net>
To: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>,suma <anushamurthy2001 -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- in>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 07:09:34 -0800

Compile locally and then copy to the shared folder

At 06:08 PM 12/2/2006, Ned Bedinger wrote:

suma wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone there help me out with this question please. How to generate CHM using RoboHELP X5 if it is having memory problem and the source folder is shared.

Suma--
Memory problems with RoboHelp and Windows? You might check Robo's vendor support website for patches, updates, troubleshooting tip, bug reporting, etc. Adobe owns Macromedia RoboHelp now...

Is Robo showing you specific symptoms of a memory problem? What symptoms?
If you have the Robo installation media, you might try re-installing it again. I mention this because some applications are sensitive to the order in which they're installed. They will work fine if you installed them last, but if you install certain other apps after installing Robo, you might possibly have triggered some kind of Robo sensitivity issue. Also, you might get some improvement if you reboot (to clear memory) and then open only the windows you need for generating the CHM. Whatever problem you're having might not be caused Robo, but by other programs that are running at the same time. I have no idea what you're running, but I'll give you a couple of examples of apps that I have found will cause problems in one or more of my main productivity applications, if run at the same time. One problem app was an NVidia tray application for configuring video card options--if you have this problem, just download and install newer NVidia video card drivers, which IIRC all come with the tray app. Another problem application was an unregistered RealPlayer media player I was tusing to listen to internet radio. I don't know if there is now an OK version of RealPlayer for internet radio.
Don't forget to file a bug report if you can figure out where the problem is.
Ned Bedinger
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as cynthia-schultz -at- sbcglobal -dot- net -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/cynthia-schultz%40sbcglobal.net