Re: Opinions on Shipley and other proposal teaching courses

Subject: Re: Opinions on Shipley and other proposal teaching courses
From: "CapDev Communications" <capdev -dot- communications -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Beth Agnew" <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:15:29 -0800

If you are looking for a course in grant proposal writing, I recommend the
Foundation Center's course, developed by Jane Geever. I know Jane from my
fundraising days in New York, and she is very solid. The Foundation Center
has branch libraries in New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco,
Cleveland, and Atlanta. The Foundation Center is nonprofit and its prices
for courses and publications are reasonable. Check
http://foundationcenter.org.

Best,
Pat Egan

On 12/4/06, Beth Agnew <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca> wrote:

There's some tricky stuff that you learn from experience and if you have a
good proposal-writing mentor. One of the things that stood out for me,
learning from an old hand at great proposals, was to be careful of the
questions you ask the RFP contacts. In the ones I was working on, they
published all questions and answers to every bidder to keep things fair.
But
if you're not careful, your question may tip your hand and reveal a key
methodology, strategy, or directio to your competitors.

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Professor, Technical Communication
Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
Toronto, ON 416-491-5050 x3133
http://www.tinyurl.com/83u5u

Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular
Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
capdev -dot- communications -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/capdev.communications%40gmail.com

Patricia Egan