Re: How we define ourselves

Subject: Re: How we define ourselves
From: <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: "Huey Callison" <huey -dot- callison -at- gmail -dot- com>,<techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:34:32 -0500

Only thing I've seen work is formal testing of the design, but it's hard to drive that from the tech writer position. One might suggest that it costs at least two orders of magnitude less to solve a design deficiency at the design stage than at the beta stage. But it takes a lot of effort not to be ignored when trying to sell the idea that maybe $20,000 worth of testing is needed. After all, tech writing is merely a clerical function.