RE: NPR story on medicine labeling

Subject: RE: NPR story on medicine labeling
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:02:59 -0500

I'd go even further. Even if the patients *were* their subordinates, the
doctor and pharmacist would be obligated to provide precise instructions
without being asked. A medicine taken incorrectly can be a poison.

Consider an Army private being trained by an officer or NCO in the use
of a dangerous weapon. The private is a subordinate, not a customer.
Even so, the trainer is obligated to provide precise instructions, in
order to reduce the risk to the trainee.

You are always obligated to take the initiative in communicating risks.
Risk trumps all other relationships.

-- Dan Goldstein

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.