Re: Interviewing Strategies

Subject: Re: Interviewing Strategies
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:30:33 -0500

classe -at- charter -dot- net wrote:

I just replied to this note stating that he was arguing and using crude
language. It made for a very bad first impression.

I agree no relationship is perfect (have been married almost 30 years), but
in my mind a company lobby is no place to argue with someone on a cell
phone, especially when you are going on an interview and trying to impress
folks at the company.

Had we known in the original post that the argument contained loud and crude language, then my original comments would have been different. Unfortunately, we were only told that the prospective employee was overheard arguing in the lobby with his partner by the receptionist who told the HR manager who told your manager.

AL

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty.""
Theodore Roosevelt