RE: Nitpicky little style question

Subject: RE: Nitpicky little style question
From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "'Al Geist'" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:04:31 -0800

> This requires experimentation with
> the terms until those experiments congeal down to a standard
> term, as "Radio Button" has evolved to become "Option" and
> "Click On" has become "Click."

Good points, Al. I'm in the process of updating a sadly-ignored
documentation set that I now work on, and one of my tasks is changing radio
button to option button (I'm also changing dropdown to drop-down as well).
In the day of iPods and their new ways of selecting things, such as the
click wheel, the term radio button is well on its way to being outdated.

Though I do remember being on a date many years ago with a some disagreeable
fellow when I was still in high school. At some point, while I was in the
car while he was doing something else, I changed all of his good
old-fashioned mechanical radio buttons to the same station.

Suzanne
suzchiles -at- gmail -dot- com
homescribe.wordpress.com