Re: Timing in System Rewrite

Subject: Re: Timing in System Rewrite
From: CGiordano -at- EvergreenInvestments -dot- com
To: "Paul Hanson" <phanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:02:42 -0500

If at all possible, I get involved in writing the specs. In my experience,
that gives me lots of input into UI design, and lets me do the
business/system analyst thing....somehow when you can claim BA/TW status,
they seem to pay a little more attention to you! If you can understand,
question, and recommend appropriate process flows through the system, you
can catch a lot of the show stopping design flaws before it's too late.
If not, and you can stand up to the heat, catch and question the design
flaws when you can (even if it's a week before go-live). They may hate you
now, but they'll hate the support questions, and recriminations from the
business owners a lot more.
Connie P Giordano, M A
Senior Technical Advisor/Technical Writer
Evergreen Investments
704/383-4405