Advice needed for documentation project

Subject: Advice needed for documentation project
From: "Brasel, Russell" <russell -dot- brasel -at- hccredit -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:24:04 -0600

I know I may have touched on this before, but my major project right now
is to create an on-line knowledge base for the developers of our new
database and programs. When I think of database documentation, I think
of something like Embarcadero Web Report-something that takes the db and
puts Entities, Attributes, definitions, relationships, etc. into a table
that appears as a webpage. My manager-who is out until after the New
Year-apparently expects something different, and expects me to use my
HAT to do it.

I personally think a wiki is a better solution, but I think that's going
to be a hard sell. But if I get sufficient feedback from the
developers, I can just update the online help system to do it. . .

Anyway, has anyone here done anything like this? And if you have, what
did you include in your documentation? Right now, all I'm doing is
taking our ER Web Report and setting up source documents in Doc-to-Help
to match-but it seems redundant.

Sorry I can't be more specific-my instructions are vague. Though I'm no
Michelangelo, I feel like I've been told, "Hey, Michel-that ceiling is
pretty bare. Why don't you do something with it?" (And yes, you can
make a Python reference to that. . . But please do it off list.)

Thanks for any advice you have,

RGBrasel
(Who would rather be at home reading his Christmas gift-the Foster 2
volume biography of W.B. Yeats.)