Re: How D'ya Find Out ...

Subject: Re: How D'ya Find Out ...
From: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
To: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:19:26 -0500

I use LinkedIn for stuff like this ... enter the company name and Doc Manager as the current job title and let it see if it knows who it is. I've had surprising good luck with this method.

The old stand-by - call the company and ask the operator for the tech pubs manager - also works if you can talk to a human being instead of a voice mail system.

Final ploy: Snail mail your resume and cover letter to the company, ATTN: Documentation Manager.

My 2¢,

John Garison

Nancy Allison wrote:

who the tech pubs manager is in a particular company?

There are some companies in my area that I'd like to market to, and I'd like to bypass HR and deal directly with the documentation manager, assuming there is one. I think that if I pick up the phone and call and ask, I'm likely to be passed on to HR, which I want to avoid.

How do you find out who the hiring manager is at a company that interests you?

--Nancy