RE: Your To-Do List

Subject: RE: Your To-Do List
From: "Tariel, Lauren R" <lt34 -at- saclink -dot- csus -dot- edu>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:37:04 -0800

Personally I don't use "to-do" lists and I barely use calendars. My dad tells me to use a bright yellow legal-sized notepad, but he's a little old school. I've had co-workers and managers use applications to schedule meetings with me, but I really don't get into that stuff.

If Outlook won't do it for you, you can try writing your own program in Access and then put the program in your start-up folder with alarms, message boxes, and such to keep you really annoyed about what to do. I wrote a scheduler in Access for some sort of database management "to-do" list that a co-worker wanted. The calendar is just a table with fields for date, task, message, and completed and there isn't a pretty calendar interface to it because "real" work became available. My scheduler checks for database size and due tasks, then it pops up a message box with its findings and there is also a task list. If you like programming whacked code, then you can try playing with Access, its version of SQL, and Access-VBA.

Lauren