Re: Getting Hired...Opinion #2500

Subject: Re: Getting Hired...Opinion #2500
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: techwR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:54:33 -0500

Melissa Nelson wrote:

One thing to note on resumes...if you are being placed or sent to an
interview by a "head hunter" or agency...it is not uncommon for them
to take the resume you gave them and rework it into their particular
style and send that to the HR department where you are interviewing.

That happened to me exactly once. I never worked with that agency again,
and I ensured with every agency I worked with subsequently that they
would do no such thing, no matter what their supposed "policy" was. The
most I would permit was obscuring my identifying information. But
reformatting, editing, or retyping was always out of the question. There
may be fields where their engaging in that kind of manipulation is
customary and acceptable (none that I can think of), but it's certainly
not acceptable for someone who is applying for a job that involves
documentation.

Dick, with a quadrillion reasons to visit
http://ampersandvirgule.blogspot.com/