RE: Tips on Getting Hired

Subject: RE: Tips on Getting Hired
From: "Tariel, Lauren R" <lt34 -at- saclink -dot- csus -dot- edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:58:36 -0800

"I've got a web site ... I can password a directory, and create a home page that links to everyone's PDFs ..."

No, not links! I want to upload a graphically-enhance behemeth of a storage hog to *your* server.

I can participate in the critiquing thing. But I'm afraid that my apathy and jaded sentiment might reek too much to warrant positive feedback. Plus, I've had a lot of stupid jobs lately and I don't really feel like a technical writer anymore. It's like I'm being shamed by the industry. Could this be a payback for all of the times that I've taken an employer to the Labor Commissioner? They're organized and their out to get me by giving me sucky jobs.

Oh great. Now my bad mood has shifted to sabotage and paranoia. I need to rewrite my resume so that it is a little more marketable and little less apathetic, but something is hinting to me that this might not be the best day for that.

I'll rewrite my res when I feel pleasant again. I can also add some delightful anecdotes about some of past jobs, like my career in auto parts; my jobs working for charity; my job as a Christmas Elf where I met Rush Limbaugh and he complained that Santa Claus was leaving early, but Rush got there late; the time I met Wolfman Jack, not a job, but it was fun; the time I stayed at Jane Weidlan's house (guitarist for the GoGo's), it wasn't a job either, just an animal rights thing and more name dropping but I can't really top meeting Santa Claus; my three arrests, oh wait that's bad resume fodder; how about accidentally outrunning the police when I tried to pull-over but drove down an exit ramp instead, I'm getting bad at this resume anecdote stuff. I think that today might not be the day to work on my resume.

Lauren