RE: Techie's List

Subject: RE: Techie's List
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:16:08 -0500

I also wouldn't touch this.

Just finished two weeks of hell trying to get two words changed in the flash
file of a website template.

They could not get it that their own website had broken links in the
ordering and customer support areas. They could not spell the new words
correctly. After the change was accepted by me, it took them another 24
hours to get the new swf file to me.

But boy golly were they ready with the legal acceptance document for me to
sign when I finally got what I had originally asked for. And of course that
document keeps me from naming their company when I warn my friends and
colleagues to be very careful about using templates that include any
technology you can't tweak all by yourself.

Would that their "customer support" people were as good as their legal crew.

My point is -- the people out there who need legal guns are well aware of
the fact, and they've got them.

Dori Green