Re: What do you use for File management?

Subject: Re: What do you use for File management?
From: "CapDev Communications" <capdev -dot- communications -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Gordon McLean" <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- grahamtechnology -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:19:13 -0800

You might also look at Open Text's Livelink.

Pat

On 1/30/07, Gordon McLean <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- grahamtechnology -dot- com> wrote:

Yes I'm certain Documentum COULD do exactly what you need, but it may cost
pretty penny to get it properly customised to your needs. Ditto for
FileNet.

My previous company worked with both companies, creating an additional
layer
of 'real world' document management (centred around review and approval
and
ticks ALL of your boxes), and may also be worth consideration. I won't
post
details here (for fear of breaking any rules) but if you want contact
details let me know.

However Documentum, FileNet and their ilk are typically for very high
volume
systems (think millions of documents, not thousands) and as such their
pricing may push them out of your reach. Worth more investigation though.

Now there WAS a Document Review Tool a few years back that I looked at,
but
I can't for the life of me remember what it was... Was it a Framemaker
add-on? No... PDF based? Maybe... Dammit, brain not working.

Ohh and there are applications like Brava! which allow multiple author
markup, with comments and redlines and whatnot, all viewable by all
reviewers. It's not part of a workflow (unless it's integrated with a 3rd
party app) but maybe that could be part of your solution?

Do let us know what you decide on, it's a position I'd love to be in,
rather
than having to deal with the quirks and foibles of OTHER people (*I* don't
have any, naturally).

HTH

Gordon McLean