Re: Chopped Liver?

Subject: Re: Chopped Liver?
From: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Milan Davidovic" <shl_ctf -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:16:53 -0500

Being a BA pays better than tech writing, but only if you are working :-) I
know both of those scenarios.

I *feel* like chopped liver today: My gigantic RoboHelp knowledgebase needed
an update that I got at 3:45 today (I go home at 4:30) with a document that
is like 60 pages in Word! Needless to say, I am finishing up now at 7:15 pm,
only because I cut and pasted the updates into the topics instead of
re-creating the document.

Then, my boss calls me and asks if I have written the instructions yet so
that the admin can update the RoboHelp file when I am not here. OH YEAH.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAH <--hysterical laughter.

What will they do when all the templates lose their links and they have to
be reapplied every time??

Chopped Liver indeed. :-(

On 1/30/07, Milan Davidovic <shl_ctf -at- yahoo -dot- ca> wrote:

--- Barbara Vega <BarbaraV -at- libertyims -dot- com> wrote:

> "Oh, naaah. I
> want to stay a
> Business
> Analyst. For on thing it pays better."

Being a desperate BA between contracts pays better
than being employed at tech writing? We're *obviously*
in the wrong line of work...

Milan
http://altmilan.blogspot.com
http://www.terminus1525.ca/studio/view/2758

http://mail.yahoo.com

printed documentation. Features include single source authoring, team
authoring,

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/pro.techwriter%40gmail.com

PT
pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com
I'm a Technical Technical Writer!