RE: Techie's List

Subject: RE: Techie's List
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Janice Gelb'" <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:36:36 -0800

Well I'm in California, so I guess my understanding of the law is a little
more close to my home. Opinion, I think, is still defensible. What if a
web site is setup in a state that recognizes truth as an absolute defense,
but a poster from one of the stricter jurisdications posted something
defamatory with improper motives, what law applies? What if the owner of
the web site lived in a strict jurisdiction, the web site was in a lenient
jurisdiction, and the poster was anywhere? Would it matter where the owner
or poster lived? Does it matter where the web site is setup?

Lauren