RE: Is this hackneyed or cliche?

Subject: RE: Is this hackneyed or cliche?
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:19:32 -0500

Dick Margulis wrote,

It <resume in an offbeat format> would be completely lost on an HR
gatekeeper.

*******************

You are so right! I work so hard to bypass them, I tend to not think of
them.

For general application I would include the teaser hook in my cover letter,
letting the target reader know that my portfolio includes my own resume as
an ISO process overview with work instructions.

If I was a manager looking at cover letters and resumes, this would get my
attention and would make me want to see that portfolio.

Unless they're strictly "corporate" who doesn't want any employees with
traits like humor and passion -- in which case we would not be happy anyway
so it's a good thing our time does not get wasted in a useless interview.

Dori Green