RE: Styles and style sheets

Subject: RE: Styles and style sheets
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Eddie VanArsdall'" <evanarsdall -at- comcast -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:22:18 -0800

My experience at some organizations with newer versions of Word is that when
I create a document on my system and fix all of the styles, then somebody
else opens the document, the styles get changed back to those in Normal.dot.
Now this was happening with table styles and lists. I don't know if it was
an O/S issue or Word version issue. But it was frustrating and I am well
aware that there really is no way to fully protect a document when other
people change it. Especially if other people make formatting changes and
Word creates new styles to support those changes. Embedded styles used to
be more rigid so that authors could have more control. Now anyone editing
the document can change the style.

Lauren