Re: Rant continued from previous page (was Re: Another Word guru question)

Subject: Re: Rant continued from previous page (was Re: Another Word guru question)
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:26:50 -0600

But if we do things to anticipate the error of one user rather than the vast majority of our target audience, we'll be adding reams and reams of exceptions to our documents... they'll end up looking like they were created by the legal department from hell. Now if that one user could make a LETHAL mistake, I'll certainly flag the bejeezus out of it but failing to realize that the manual fell open to the second page of a multi-page table? Nahhh. Like I said, even if I was using a tool that was capable of adding that little tidbit to tables I wouldn't bother (unless of course the corporate overlords/PHBs had mandated it in the corporate style guide). Fortunately for me, as a lone writer I am the style guide.

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Website developer