Re: Discover Magazine String Theory Video Contest

Subject: Re: Discover Magazine String Theory Video Contest
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:53:26 -0800

arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

This brings to mind the way that Big Media has been using "new media" to tap the power of the lay person. The Big Game (you know, the S... B...) used amateurs for advertising, podcasts and YouTube entertain and educate, then there's Wikipedia, and now this.

Whoa, this trend must be leaving the big ad agencies fearful for their revenoo streams. Except for the caveman ads--that agency ought to be cleaning up. I'll bet they could do a wicked good take on cavemen in the 13th dimension.

So it begs the question, if knowledge is going directly from lay person to lay person, where does that leave us?

I give up. Are we hauling in the big bucks that used to go to the Madison Ave advertising agencies? Or are we jumping ship to get volunteer projects at sourceforge? Dang, all of a sudden I'm wishing I had a savings account.

:)
Arroxane

--NED