shift + enter option?

Subject: shift + enter option?
From: Michelle Anderson <michelle -at- falconmedia -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:17:11 -0600

Hello-

This is a forwarded message, so please respond to the list so the subscriber can view the responses to the question. Thank you in advance!

OK, here's an interesting one. I've done some looking in the archives and find nothing that's exactly what I want. I'm wondering if anyone has heard about using the "shift + enter" option to reduce the number of paragraph marks appearing in a document. I can find all kinds of information telling me that I shouldn't have paragraph marks with no attached text, but nothing that tells me what happens if I do have them. So what does happen? I know that corruption is often stored in paragraph marks, but everything I find talks about that occuring in the final paragraph mark of a document. Can anyone shed some light on this? I get the digest version, so if I don't respond immediately, please accept my apologies.