Re: Highlighting text using menu or keyboard?

Subject: Re: Highlighting text using menu or keyboard?
From: "Allan Ackerson" <alackerson -at- msn -dot- com>
To: linda_sims -at- vanguard -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:29:51 -0700

Sounds like you have a form. To make changes to a form, open the Form tool bar and unlock the file.

Cheers!
Al

From: linda_sims -at- vanguard -dot- com
To: " TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:48:20 -0500

I see I wasn't entirely clear in my explanation. Sorry--put it down to
frustration and an early and VERY rainy morning.

I'm trying to tell people how to fill in some information in a Word file,
and the placeholder text has been highlighted. I can't make any changes to
the Word file in question, which means no keyboard shortcuts, styles, or
macros are possible.

More than likely I'm overthinking the issue. There just aren't too many
people here who are interested in customizing their Word toolbars (I'm the
only one I know of who has). It just irks me that there isn't anyway to do
this in Word without either using the Formatting toolbar or having to do
OTHER customization work.

Lin Sims
The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion
of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was
accessed.

> > Is it possible to apply a highlight to or remove it from text using
one
> > of the menus or by using a keyboard shortcut? I need to write
> > instructions on how to remove highlighting from text, and while I
admit
> > that the chance the audience I'm writing for has modified their
toolbars
> > to the point where the highlighting button DOESN'T show is pretty
> > remote, I hate having to depend on that when I'm telling people how to
> > do things. I want to reference something that will ALWAYS work,
whether
> > the Formatting toolbar is visible or not.

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Vanguard. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited, and please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as alackerson -at- msn -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/alackerson%40msn.com