Re: Friday Fun: Worst government websites

Subject: Re: Friday Fun: Worst government websites
From: "Susan Hogarth" <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:55:58 -0500

On 3/2/07, Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:

I have spent the last week going through DoD websites for a project I am working on. I think I will obstain from that I am sure I would end up on a list somewhere if I gave my honest opinion...YIKES! :)

I had an exchange with a DoD guy last week that went something like this:

Me: Your website is hosed using Firefox (with OVER 10% of browser share)
DoD guy: Works fine for me!!! What's Firefox!?!
Me: Tell your IT guys it's hosed in Firefox
DoD guy: IT says 'We don't support Firefox"
Me: umm, duh.

This (military) guy also had a sig line of "Live Long and Prosper". Too surreal.

Susan Hogarth

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit

RE: Friday Fun: Worst government websites: From: Melissa Nelson