Re: Opinion anyone?

Subject: Re: Opinion anyone?
From: "suchitra gautam" <suchitrag -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Maggie_Secara -at- capgroup -dot- com" <Maggie_Secara -at- capgroup -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:08:12 -0600

I am from India and live in US. About 12 years ago I started working as a
desktop publisher. I had a degree in English and was studying to be a
technical writer. I was working at a very reputable company. My manager at
that company told me one day that that in US, I could never ever become a
technical writer. According to her, technical writers were typically men and
being a woman and from India, I would never ever get a job as a technical
writer. They would always think of me as an "ESL" person.

Well long story short, I've been a technical writer for over ten years now.
My salary is also higher than average senior technical writer.

My advice to you is to enhance your skills, volunteer and network. And don't
give up.