Re: [TCP] certification (was: ranting STC)

Subject: Re: [TCP] certification (was: ranting STC)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Kevin McLauchlan" <kmclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:56:29 -0800

One of my college professors once told us that 10 years
after graduation it was likely that the most valuable thing
we would have learned from our education was the ability
to figure out what references to look in to research the
answers to our questions. 30 years after graduation I can
say that he was spot on. At this point in my life, almost
skill I use in my work is something I learned on the job,
and virtually every tool I learned to use in school is now
seen only in museums of one sort or another.

Gene Kim-Eng