Re: novice question

Subject: Re: novice question
From: "David Neeley" <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:34:59 -0600

With your art background, why not also look into medical illustration?

Many medical schools have medical illustrators on staff (and, often, a
training or certification course for them as well), as do medical
publishers and journals.

I would think that with some knowledge of technical writing as well,
you could easily be a "double threat" on the job market.

For those who are unaware, a good medical illustration can be far
clearer than any photograph as a means of conveying information. Thus,
a good medical illustrator rarely lacks for work.

(who, *alas!*, can only draw flies...)

From: Christine Voillemin <wrkwriters -at- yahoo -dot- fr>

Hello Technical Writers Group or should I say bonjour because I live
outside Paris?
Anyway, this is my first note through the listserve. I am interested
in suggestions on how
to develop a medical, technical writing career. I have communicated
with Kevin and Sean
and found their experience and suggestions helpful.

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit