Re: Wordstar (was: "RE: certification (was: ranting STC)")

Subject: Re: Wordstar (was: "RE: certification (was: ranting STC)")
From: rebecca -dot- fleischer -at- wachovia -dot- com
To: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- aol -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:31:47 -0500

Not so early '80s... at my first job in the mid '80s, we started out
writing docs in longhand, then sending them to the word processing center,
which used CPT word processing systems. We then switched to PCs for
everyone, using Lotus Manuscript...converted to CPT for final output. My
next job (in '88), was at a UNIX company, and we used nroff, troff, and
pic (or was it pict?) for graphics! We later switched to Interleaf, and
then to FrameMaker. At my last job, I used FrameMaker for years, but then
the developers wanted our documentation converted to word to make it
easier for them to do reviews. It's been fun!

Becky

on 03/08/2007 10:15:06 PM: