e-publishing a catalogue

Subject: e-publishing a catalogue
From: "Ricardo Rodríguez - Your XEN ICT Team" <webmaster -at- xen -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:48:46 +0100

Hi all out there,

I have been asked to distribute a database on a CD together with a search interface/application. The data are now contained in a Word file.

This CD is intended to distribute a snapshot of the main database among a group of users sitting at Windows, Linux and Mac boxes. So, cross-compatibility is required and a complete separation between database and interface will be a plus. It will allow to use the interface to ask/search updated database snapshots.

The reason why a CD is required is beyond my scope.

Well, I am really lost. So, please, could you please point me in some direction can help me to find a solution to this challenge?

Thank you in advance,

Ricardo Rodríguez
Your XEN ICT Team