RE: Business Analyst vs. Tech Writer

Subject: RE: Business Analyst vs. Tech Writer
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:52:24 -0600

Lauren wrote:

> Now, these days, the rate is getting lower and the
> requirements are getting higher. My last contract was for a
> friend and she commented about my rate, "That's almost as
> much as an employee." Well, duh. She only wanted processes
> documented, but she got a lot of business analysis and programming.

If she was paying less per hour for a short-term contract than a
full-time employee earned for the same work, she's not much of a friend.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit

RE: Business Analyst vs. Tech Writer: From: Lauren