Re: Rant: Giving up on XML

Subject: Re: Rant: Giving up on XML
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:41:03 -0700

My point is, I'm not going to "learn XML and XML technology,"
in order to write documents. If I have to "learn" a "technology"
instead of that technology evolving to support my needs, I'm
not likely to adopt it. And neither are most other writers whose
companies grumble about why they need to have a copy of
FrameMaker or Acrobat Pro instead of being able to work in
Word and some open source PDF printer driver.

Gene Kim-Eng