Re: symptom?

Subject: Re: symptom?
From: "elizabeth j allen" <eja -at- samurai -dot- com>
To: "Milan Davidovic" <shl_ctf -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:37:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Milan,

Absolutely! The second definition of symptom (from reads:
--something that indicates the existence of something else

Sounds like a perfectly fine term to use.

Elizabeth J. Allen
Technical Writer
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein

Milan Davidovic said:
> When humans are sick, we can say they display
> *symptoms*. When machines are "sick", they display
> ____?
> I'm reading some text about a device performing a
> self-test. As the device performs each step of the
> self test, the operator is supposed to watch for
> particular problems. For example, one of the steps is
> that the screen lights up completely. The "symptom" to
> watch for is dark spots or lines.
> Would you use the word "symptom" in this instance?

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit

symptom?: From: Milan Davidovic