Re: Rant: Giving up on XML

Subject: Re: Rant: Giving up on XML
From: Siliconwriter <siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:07:38 -0700

On Mar 14, 2007, at 8:16 AM, jlshaeffer -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

> 2. Yes, people constantly ask how they can print out Web pages in
> formats similar to Word, with proper page layout, page breaks, etc.
> I know, having been on the receiving end of some of those
> questions. (Also, Microsoft has invested in improving printing
> capabilities in their browser.) As another example, we frequently
> see questions on this list about how to use Adobe PDF files as
> source files for other formats (not using the Adobe tool as designed).

For the record, I was not asking how to print out Web pages with
"proper page layout", or use PDF files as sources. I was just trying
to figure out how to get Doxygen to print the friggin' PDF on US
letter size paper. It took me A DAY to even find out where the line
was in the Doxygen stylesheet (and even then, changing the line
didn't work). Nuts. Life is too short for this nonsense.

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit

RE: Rant: Giving up on XML: From: eric . dunn
Re: Rant: Giving up on XML: From: jlshaeffer