RE: Corporate email for list accounts? Plus, two free tools you may find useful.

Subject: RE: Corporate email for list accounts? Plus, two free tools you may find useful.
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:18:15 -0500

I use my corporate account because:

1. My employer lets me.
2. It's faster and more convenient to access during the day.
3. It automatically sorts everything into folders, so I read the emails
when I want to, separate from the "immediate attention required" emails
that deal with work issues that sit in the regular inbox.

That said, I'm also subscribed to many of the same lists using a
web-based email account I created just for that purpose. If I have a
burning need to access the list at night or on weekends, I can do so.

I use Firefox for my browser; I also use the Foxmarks plugin which syncs
my bookmarks with Firefox on my home computer, so anything I bookmark in
one place is available in the other when I start up the browser. Got
lots of links categorized in folders, some for entertainment, some for
work, and all available whenever I need them.

Also, as a general desktop tool, I *LOVE* FileBox eXtender. It creates
custom menus where you can access files and folders anywhere on your
system or network, and it's available to use in almost all programs I've
tried it in. www.hyperionics.com Hmm... Apparently its free now, I
think I had to pay for it when I got it over a year ago. Bonus for all
of you!

-Carla

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.