RE: What do I call this doodad?

Subject: RE: What do I call this doodad?
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: <cloy -dot- tobola -at- ndsu -dot- edu>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:43:37 -0600

Cloy Tobola wrote:

> I need to refer to use of a flash drive / USB drive / thumb drive.
> .
> Is there a standard term for these ubiquitous doohickeys?

There are at least three: flash drive, USB drive, and thumb drive.

In some circles, also doohickey.

"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to
choose from."
-- Andrew Tanenbaum

(I sense a Friday approaching.)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit

What do I call this doodad?: From: Cloy Tobola