RE: What do I call this doodad?

Subject: RE: What do I call this doodad?
From: "Andrew Warren" <awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com>
To: <cloy -dot- tobola -at- ndsu -dot- edu>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:43:36 -0700

Cloy Tobola wrote:

> I need to refer to use of a flash drive / USB drive / thumb drive. .
> there a standard term for these ubiquitous doohickeys?

No, but "flash drive", "USB drive", "thumb drive", "USB stick", "flash
disk", and "UFD" are the most common and most widely-used names.


=== Andrew Warren - awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com
=== Synaptics, Inc - Santa Clara, CA

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
printed documentation. Features include single source authoring, team authoring,
Web-based technology, and PDF output.

Now shipping: Help &amp; Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up
to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: Wordstar (was: "RE: certification (was: ranting STC)")
Next by Author: RE: What do I call this doodad?
Previous by Thread: re: Controlled English
Next by Thread: RE: What do I call this doodad?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads