Re: Giving up on XML

Subject: Re: Giving up on XML
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Paul Pehrson" <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwhirlers" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:20:01 -0700

Well, I did say previously that I thought things would eventually move
in this direction. The question is, can someone who wants to create
something that Flare doesn't do open a tool of their own, link to XML
generated by Flare and use it without the need to somehow customize
it with additions that will confuse the hell out of Flare the next time
you try to open it? When the answer is "yes," then XML document
authoring will be on its way to becoming a "standard" working
environment.

I don't know where you might have gotten the idea that I wanted to
"create my own XML markup language." Working under the hood
of my authoring tools is the *last* thing I want to do. I want the
languages used under the hood of my authoring tools to be like
the heating elements in my toaster, something that works for me
on a daily basis without my having to pay any attention to it at all.

Gene Kim-Eng