Re: Giving up on XML

Subject: Re: Giving up on XML
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

This is the difference in my view between a "word
processor" and "document processor." However in many
cases the client needs a Word-based solution, and so
we do what we must. It's not the end of the world,
although I have been known to loose my share of
colorful language at the blinking screen when
confronted with another "helpful idiot" feature. It's
the same reason I gave up on Macs, but it's less
prevalent in MS Word.

--- Sean Wheller <sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za> wrote:

> When editing in
> XML I cannot apply semantics that are wrong, the XML
> editor just wont allow
> it. In word it is all too easy to do so, no matter
> how strict you make the
> template.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit

Re: Giving up on XML: From: Sean Wheller