Re: Blogs for questions, blogs for answers

Subject: Re: Blogs for questions, blogs for answers
From: "Susan W Gallagher" <susanwg -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:15:47 -0800

The good thing about a mailing list is that it's a *push* of information --
you don't have to remember to go fetch it, it comes right to you. The
conversations on mailing lists are lively and spontaneous, and when you ask
a question on a mailing list like this one, your answer usually isn't too
far in the future.

A bulletin board or forum makes you *pull* information -- you have to
remember to go visit it to read the new messages. If conversations develop,
it's at a snail's pace. And when you ask a question, it may not get answered
for weeks or months, if at all.

I'm not impressed with the forums I've visited.

-Sue Gallagher