RE: Blogs for questions, blogs for answers

Subject: RE: Blogs for questions, blogs for answers
From: Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: 'Chris Borokowski' <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:34:42 -0400

Probably you get what you pay for...

I am subscribed to several forums (fora?) for support of products, and for
other purposes. Many use phpBB.

It has its good points. Searching is not one of them.

That might just be the way those forums are implemented, or that they use
and outdated version of the software. Dunno. It's just not a happy and
rewarding experience to search for stuff. They get a LOT of repeat threads
because people can't find stuff that was posted a month ago. Sometimes the
people who posted it can't find it.

YMMV

Kevin