RE: Overuse of "It"

Subject: RE: Overuse of "It"
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:33:21 +0900

I'm with Candis. I have to read the sentence anyway--I'll decide if it's

"It is of interest to note that I appear to be a windbag" is handled
better by "Note that I am a windbag."

If you really think it's worth drawing attention to something, put it on
a separate line with an appropriate label:

Note: I am a windbag.

Tip: You can skip the next few paragraphs. I had a flashback to my
college days and started adding a lot of rhubarb as if I had to
pad this report out to 10,000 words.

Important: Start paying attention again around page 17.
That really is worth reading.

Web-based technology, and PDF output.

to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

or visit