Re: Rant... please let me help you fix the user interface

Subject: Re: Rant... please let me help you fix the user interface
From: stevefjong -at- comcast -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:18:00 +0000

John Posada makes a good point about updating the user interface of a clunky old product:

> Are you also going to take on the whole regression testing effort and budget?

>From the perspective of upper management, you don't want to do anything to disturb the cash cow. That includes investing money in it, which not only eats into the profits but also incurs other costs such as he cites.

(With my user-advocate hat on, I don't like that answer either. But the business of business is business.)

-- Steve

Steven Jong ("Typo? What tpyo?")
Past President, STC Boston Chapter
stevefjong -at- comcast -dot- net, 978-413-2553 [C]
* I am a candidate for STC Director | For more info, visit: www.StevenJong.net *

Now shipping: Help & Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
to 106 languages with Help & Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com