RE: "Standard" browsers?

Subject: RE: "Standard" browsers?
From: Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: 'Al Geist' <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:48:41 -0400

Al Geist replied to Chris Bowokowski who wrote:
> IE still has 90% market share, with the remaining 10% divided in small
> chunks with different variants. When it comes down to getting stuff to
> work,
> IE is the de facto standard.
> Hi Chris,
> According to the W3C schools, Firefox has a 30% share of the browser
> market
> and it's growing. IE6 lost shares to IE7, but all flavors of IE have less
> than 70% of the market share and falling.
> Check out:

Also, IE (any version) has 0% of the marketplace for operating systems other
than Windows. Since many of us support Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc., it
rather behooves us to create Help and other docs that can be read on any of
those platforms.

Kevin (who's in that boat, with many other people)

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected from disclosure. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer without copying or disclosing it.

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
printed documentation. Features include single source authoring, team authoring,
Web-based technology, and PDF output.

Now shipping: Help &amp; Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up
to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual:

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.


Previous by Author: RE: Moving away from MS Word?
Next by Author: RE: Actual Site Stats - Firefox 2 versus IE 7
Previous by Thread: RE: "Standard" browsers?
Next by Thread: RE: "Standard" browsers?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads