Re: How do you charge for drafting a Response to RFP

Subject: Re: How do you charge for drafting a Response to RFP
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:46:13 -0700

I would think this depends on the circumstances. If you've been
hired by a company that wants you to prepare an RFP for it to
submit to its own potential clients, treat it the same as any other
writing contract. If you're preparing your own proposal for a
contract you hope to land, in most cases you don't get to charge
for that effort, but fold your cost of doing it into your cost of
doing business. If you don't get the contract, you eat it. As a
client, I've never paid potential contractors for the time they
spend preparing their propoals or quotes.

Gene Kim-Eng