Re: Customizable Help

Subject: Re: Customizable Help
From: "David Castro" <thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "David Loveless" <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:09:00 -0400

Madcap software just announced a new version of Flare that works on
the server side, and actually lets customers update the documentation,
themselves. Not sure about all of the details of implementation, but
might be worth looking into.

I've pursued the kind of documentation you're talking about in the
past, but it's never been fielded. To see a very old tutorial on how
to accomplish this using JavaServer Pages, check out my web site at
http://jsp.davidcastro.com/tagbuilder/tagbuilder.jsp.

Good luck, and let us know what you choose, and whether it ends up
working for you. We'd love to know about it. (Well, okay, *I* would
love to know about it. I can't speak for everyone else ;-).

--
-David Castro
thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList