RE: A Good Problem, but a Problem Nonetheless...

Subject: RE: A Good Problem, but a Problem Nonetheless...
From: "James Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:20:09 -0700

>A Long Time Techwrler wrote:
>
>I would like to focus on the technical end - document software, run SQL
>queries, write release notes, etc. My director is trying (and has been all
>along) to direct me to the business end, and I wind up doing a lot of
>business document "font fondling" on things like business continuity plans,
>operating budgets, Org charts, etc.

Do I understand you correctly in that you are now editing high-level
business documentation, and want to start writing documentation more on the
user end?

>My concern is as follows: I want to focus on the technical end, and am
>concerned I'm losing skills and knowledge

I've read your post three times and I suspect that you're talking about
things that are not listed explicitly. Are you talking about things like,
for example, writing test scripts, or actually testing software? If it's
the former, then I would say that it is not out of line for you voice your
desire to apply your skills in other areas.

HTH,

Jim

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList